A Guide to CFA Exams
The CFA exams are well known for its difficulty. There is no way in hell you can ever get through the exams without proper preparation and time management. You will need a solid CFA study guide to successfully come through. The CFA website offers a good CFA study guide.
In this program, professionals learn about Economy, investing, stocks and Finance. After the completion of the program, the candidate converts into a “CFA charter holder”. He then can apply for jobs at widely recognized financial firms like UBS, JP Morgan, Citigroup, Morgan Stanley, and BlackRock. The nominal duration required to complete the program is three years. The prospectus and topics are investment management, financial analysis, stocks, bonds and derivatives, and general knowledge of other areas of finance.
What would make you eligible?
- The candidate must undertake the four years (48 months) of training, work experience and essential education.
- The candidate must clear every written paper. It deals with three examinations of six-hours.
- The candidate should be a member of the CFA Institute and CFA society;
- The candidate should abide by the Code of Ethics and the Standards of Professional Conduct identified by the CFA Institute.
The CFA curriculum schedule is based on passing all three exams (or three levels). It will notify the applicant’s academic quota. The levels emphasize the theme of ethics. The levels are based on:
- The Level I study – it deals with the tools and inputs, introduction to asset valuation, financial reporting and analysis, and portfolio management techniques.
- The Level II – it deals with asset valuation, applications of the tools and inputs, economics, financial reporting and analysis, quantitative methods.
- The Level III – it deals with the portfolio management, strategies for applying the tools, inputs, and asset valuation models in managing equity, fixed income, and derivative investments.
The Code of Ethics is the same for all candidates and members. It states that candidates or members should:
- Act of integrity towards public, clients, colleagues in the global capital market
- Reliability of the profession in the benefit of clients
- Consistent towards the investment that appeal professionals
- Preach and practices the Morales
Endorse the accuracy and sustain the guidelines leading to investments
- Preserve and progress their expert proficiency and endeavor
CFA mock exam and Program details
The CFA mock exams are meant to give you a sense of what the real exam will be like, this way you will be more prepared and more confident on your exam day. If you follow the CFA study guide efficiently you should be able to manage to pass at least 6/7 mock exams. The mock exams should be taken every week before the actual exam. The only challenge for the applicants is they need to cover a wide variety of topics in a small amount of time. Therefore, the way to maximize its chances of passing the CFA level 1 exam, the candidate should do at least 2 mock exams. The mock papers have an answer sheet. The candidate should meticulously review each of his answer and see where he made the mistake. Sometimes, these mistakes can be calculation errors. Other times, the candidate could have not grasped a crucial concept covered in the CFA level 1 Syllabus.
Mock exams make comprehensive study more detailed, descriptive and explanatory. It shows how to arrive at answers in the most efficient manner and aids in helping the candidate to gather or gain the knowledge about the topics in which he has the most difficulty.